In-Home and Community Supports
Your Way, Whenever You Need Us
Volunteers of America of Pennsylvania is proud to be invited into the homes of Pennsylvanians who have Developmental Differences. We provide consistent guidance with skill-building which helps the adults we serve become independent at home, productive in their neighborhoods and successful in their career paths. Led by the participant, with the help of our professionals, family and Supports Coordinators, VOAPA works in concert to help people with disabilities lead the lives they envision for themselves.
We help others fulfill their dreams of independence by providing the following array of services:
- Connections to community resources such as shopping, healthcare providers, accessing public transportation, houses of workshop, and employment searches as well as ways to just have fun.
- Financial stability (budgeting, general banking, record keeping and future planning).
- Helping people advocate for themselves in making everyday and important life choices, as well as exercising civic responsibilities like voting.
- Accessing learning activities such as joining special interest clubs, engaging in community volunteerism, and help with homework or coursework.
- Assistance is making healthy choices in nutrition, taking medication as prescribed, getting sufficient exercise, as well as ensuring one’s safety at home and in the community.
- Transportation to and from day services.
The frequency, time and duration of our supports are led by participants and their families as authorized by Supports Coordinators. Services are individualized to one’s preferences and needs.
During the times of social distancing, we understand you may want to keep your services close to home. Keep in mind that we often hire your personal friends and family members and train them to meet your needs.
With offices in Wilkes Barre, Allentown, Harrisburg, Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, we’re committed to serving you and your family regardless of where you live. To hear more about our In-Home and Community Supports, Companion Services or Respite options, contact us toll-free at 833.887.8900.